Tree Slapping, you only have to walk past any park particularly in the mornings/evening to come across this amazing exercise phenomenon (…or if you’re lucky enough to be me you can watch it from your bedroom window!). Clearly China’s elderly are on to something!
There are many great health benefits of Tree Slapping including:
- Stimulating the nerves, you know, when you hit the tree just a bit too hard and injure your hand reminding yourself that you do in fact still have nerves!
- Scratching that annoying itch on your back.
- Loosening up the joints.
- Improve blood circulation.
Besides the obvious health benefits there are other benefits too….
It’s cheap, in fact it costs nothing! You don’t need any fancy Yoga pants or an expensive personal trainer to shout at you telling you to “STOP BEING A BABY AND SUCK IT UP.” And with the rest of the elderly community out there encouraging you and sharing their own Tree Slapping tips what more could you want!?
There are a few things you need if you want to take up the “Tree Slapping Workout” including:
- A park full of encouraging Tree Slappers.
- A sturdy tree that’s not going to fall over after all the vigorous slapping.
- An alarm to remind you what time to go Tree Slapping so you can get to the best tree before everyone else!
So what are you waiting for, get out there, find yourself a sturdy tree and start slapping away!!!
* Disclaimer: The exercises on the video are recommendations only and are performed at your own risk. Please consult a doctor if necessary before you perform any of the exercises. If you start feeling pain in your hands, feet and upper back from slapping too hard or have the tree fall on you then see a doctor immediately!
Category: Health & Safety